3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?


 I created a made up podcast as a way to answer question 3 creatively. 


Welcome back to your popcorn talk! We are here today chatting with Anastasija Nesic, co-director and co-producer of the opening sequence “late night dive”. 

Welcome Anastasija, happy to have you here.

-It's great to be here, thanks for having me. 

Let's jump straight into it. 

Late NIght, expected to be a great success. So,

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?


My production skills have definitely evolved throughout the year, however having done a bigger project such as late night drive really has taught me a lot. 


Originally we had a different idea of how we were going to film the opening sequence - super complex, super over the top, we just really wanted it to look cool and creative and just engage an audience-make it fun to watch. 


Then we thought about it for a second, and realized  we had to re-think some ideas as they-logistically, wouldn't be possible for us to film, especially having it all showcased in just 2 minutes- i mean it would have been impossible.


 So, we switched some things up and made it the best we could with the resources available for us to use. Which is an iPhone and a Macbook…


 We had to do quite a lot of improvising on the spot -not only when it comes to actors, but the way we were going to record the audio, the way we could switch positions while filming… A lot of what is seen is so rushed, some shots were filmed in literally 2 minutes and we just had to make the best of it. 

It taught us a lot. It’s just that experience that you gain while doing the work. 


Is there something you would change?


There are so many things I would change. Primarily I wouldn't film some scenes the way I did. I would focus more on making the shots cleaner. I would focus on the technical part of filming, i spent way too much energy on just getting the story out there that i don't think as much about the technicality of the shots that i was doing.

There are so many things I wouldn't do next time-but i know that now because i had that experience.


How does working in that kind of environment affect your production skill 

development?


Though I worked in so much chaos, especially because this is only our second filming project, however this one was WAY more complex than the first one, I find that I work best in just that. The chaos.

 My thinking on the spot, the rush, the time limit, the stress-everything sort of added up to what the project is now -and i;m very happy with it. There are so many things the both of us would change but overall I turned out well. That adds on the production skills, the way we filmed, the way we directed, the way we edited, everything. It makes you that much more confident in what project you're doing next, it gives you a chance to be that much more creative in whatever it is that you're doing next as it just gives you that much more freedom. I feel like that happens after every project, the experience just builds us,I truly hope it does at least.


Comments

Popular Posts